Sunday, January 2, 2011

Photo Wall


Dealing with the walls in the main room of the house has been a challenge for me. I was determined to put something on the wall over our television before the holidays.

Here's the before:

I knew that first and foremost, I needed to assess what I had. I hung the first picture you see above. I knew that I wanted the frames to be arranged purposefully. First, I dumped out all the frames that I owned.

Next, I arranged them by size and color. I was going to hang different colors and some art pieces I had, but I was worried it would look too busy and decided on going with all white. I used 3M "velcro" picture hanging tabs. They aren't cheap, but they work, and I didn't have to deal with nails --priceless! Here's the result:

To be honest, I don't think the wall is completely done. I would like to add either more frames or replace some of them with bigger ones. But, this was done for the holidays, and I thought it turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment