Thursday, January 13, 2011

friends

So, I went to a book club meeting tonight. I seriously feel so hyped up from the social interaction, I might combust with joy.

IT. WAS. AWESOME.

Eric watched Henry, and when I got home, they were snuggled up together in bed, ying and yang style. I don't know if y'all caught that, but-- ahem-- ERIC PUT HENRY TO SLEEP. Seriously. Miracles happen everyday. Eric was so excited for me to get out. I was worried about Henry falling asleep without me, but Eric practically shoved me out of the door. Maybe Eric is hoping if he pushes me out of the house more often, I might expand my sweat pant rotation. But, let's not get crazy.

To be real, there was something about a group of women getting together to do something that is so empowering. So many of the women said things like, "I'm just lonely." And as much as I like to put on a brave face; I'm really lonely, too. It is so tough to make friends! I've tried the whole, "Oh, hey, you have a kid and we're both in the grocery store" thing, but I usually lose people at the whole, "Hey, not to be weird or anything but can I get your digits?" Because you know what? IT IS WEIRD.

So, anyway. I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but book club was the greatest. Now, where did I put my pjs?

2 comments:

  1. My boyfriend has been encouraging the same thing with me. It felt REALLY good to get out of the house/work routine and do something for me for a change.

    p.s pj's rock my socks
    p.p.s. your cabinets are beautiful and exciting

    ReplyDelete