Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dr. King


Somebody already has a taste for social justice!

It is not my intention to indoctrinate my son. It is my intention to teach him my values. I cried while I read this book with Hen. I want to start a tradition of reading Dr. King books on MLK day. I want Henry to know this man before he understands what hate or racism is. I want him to respect a life lived in service and conviction. I want him to know this man, who gave his life for what was right. For now, it's okay if he just chews on it.

1 comment:

  1. Dr. King was such a great man, I know he wouldn't mind being chewed on. I love that you're raising your son this way. Society obviously teaches a lot of hate and racism, but unfortunately much of it can also come from the home life :(

    Adorable picture btw, you do a great job!

    ReplyDelete