Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!




This morning, Henry woke up; said, "MA!!!" and then proceeded to plant 3 big ones square on my lips. Right now, I'm alone in the house while my boys are working on "a surprise." I hope your mother's day started beautifully, too.
This morning, I am thankful for my mama, who birthed me into this world and helped me find my way through it. She is a 12 year survivor of breast cancer. She is hands down the best cook in the world. She is BY FAR the best hugger. She is the person I go to when I feel my most scared. She is truly the kindest person I've ever known. She is an elderly service care provider and a saver of lost and lonely souls. She is my hero. She is the reason I am the woman I am.

I love you, mama. Thank you for forgiving that awful time I gave you as an adolescent. Also, the phase where I cut off old men's polyester pants and wore them around like I was startin' something.


No comments:

Post a Comment