Monday, May 16, 2011

early morning walk.

This morning, Hendo grabbed the garbage bag from my hand and said, "Out! Out!" When we got outside, he immediately dropped the bag and ran for his stroller-- letting me know it was time for a walk.

We walked for roughly a mile and a half. Hendrix sat up in his stroller the entire time pointing to birds, dogs, goats and bugs. Naming the things he knew and laughing uproariously at the things he doesn't. I am always amazed at how wonderful it is to watch him watching things. Walks slow things down for us. Throughout our walks, Henry beams up at me, smiling and nodding-- so happy. When we got home, Henry held up his hands and said, "Book!" So, we went inside, read a book and he fell fast asleep.


An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day. -- Henry David Thoreau


Yeah, Thoreau has got it right.

2 comments:

  1. He is so so so beautiful.
    I love that quote! That might need to be stitched at some point.

    ReplyDelete