Tuesday, May 24, 2011

break it down, and build it up.



Lately, I have been all sorts of reflection crazy. My life was starting to feel stagnant, my soul was parched. I was all sorts of moody and impatient. Truthfully? I was being a real stick in the mud about most everything.

And you know what? When that happens to you? Something's gotta give. So, I've been driving without calling anyone. I've been ignoring my emails. I've been spending less time on Facebook and more time with my baby boy. I've been breathing and clearing my head of all that negative energy. I've been praying.

I started reading this book:
I would highly recommend it. I'm an impatient person. I don't know if I have always been this way, or if it's something our culture has taught me? But, I have a real problem. During the day, I spend a lot of my time tapping my toes and sighing and waiting. It's so sad, because I really can see when that impatience seeps into my relationships. I can never just let things BE.

So, I'm trying. I honestly am. I want to be a person that is guided by peace and purpose, not by an impatient and selfish nature. I wish it wasn't this hard to break myself of that.


1 comment:

  1. I need to read this book. It sounds like it's really impacted you and I'm looking for something myself.

    Love ya beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete