Thursday, January 19, 2012

my babies



I took this picture shortly after Henry woke up from his nap the other day. His bangs had somehow curled up during that time, and he looked to me like a high schooler. Last night, he spent the entire night in his "big boy bed." Granted, I was right beside him, but this was a big deal for us. Right now, I'm watching him push the wheelbarrow around the yard with his dad as night is falling down around us. I'm holding onto these moments-- a kiss on my cheek while I secure him in his carseat; his little finger by his mouth while he ponders a question; his hands quickly wiping tears from his face when he's mad; his head cocked to the side while he's "reading a book;" the feeling of him as he melts into my arms while we watch one of his favorite shows; his face, his perfect face! This kid is my life. He is my entire life.



pictures taken by my good friend, Amy Werner

Things are changing so soon for our little family. I cry at the thought of Roscoe Everett, my little baby boy, so new. I am already head over heels. At night I pray, over and over, "Lord, thank You; thank You; thank You" and then "Keep them safe; keep them safe; keep them safe."

No comments:

Post a Comment