Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking back on 2011... and that resolution of mine :)

I don't know if you remember MY 2011 RESOLUTION ? Yeah, it was a big one. Looking back, I think if I had made the rules even more strict, I would feel a lot worse than I do. Honestly, I'd say I stuck to it by about 80%. So, if my goal had been to loose 20 pounds, I would have lost 16 pounds!!! Thinking about it like that, I feel really proud of myself. I have gotten rid of WAY more than I brought into the house. And most of what I did bring into the house adhered to my guidelines, or was calculated. I honestly can't think of a purchase that I regret AT ALL.

Now, one thing I have to say I'm ashamed I could not say goodbye to, and I feel a little guilty about? BABY GAP. Isn't that ridiculous? The truth of the matter is, their sales prices were usually CHEAPER than a lot of the Goodwills around here. Plus, their clothes are so nice and so cute. So, I still bought my lil' dude some new duds. He got a lot more things 2nd hand, but, I couldn't kill that love. And you know what? In the spirit of not being tough on myself, it's okay. :)

I'm proud of myself. I've grown up a lot this year. I'm moving in the right direction for my family.

This year, I don't have a new big resolution. I'm having a baby in 2 months. I'm going to have to adapt and change to accommodate a brand new life. My resolution is to be open, flexible and present. That will be big enough. :)

3 comments:

  1. You did amazingly well at your 2011 resolution! What you did took a LOT of self control and talent. I am horrible at looking for a bargain, and spend too much money on stupid things because of it. So I congratulate you!!!

    2012 is going to be amazing, and you're going to be a wonderful momma x2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great, no fretting, I was always impressed with your will power...remember the lamps you passed up at Goodwill. They were fabulous, and I would have totally bought them. You are amazing and we should all learn from you. PS...You have a HUGE tote of precious little man outfits coming your way from yours truly and since I am a super nazi about only keeping perfectly clean stuff, you know you will be able to actually use it. I cannot wait to go through them with you!!! lets plan a date in the next couple of weeks my friend, perhaps half way I have a place I would like to meet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, my favorite Amys!!!!

    & Amy W, I am WITH YOU. Not this week, but the next we should DEF meet half way! SO EXCITED!!!!! We have to do it now or it will be TOO LATE!!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete