Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hendrix's First Year



I've been meaning to post these pics for FOREVER. I bought this Pottery Barn frame for 4.99 at Goodwill at the beginning of the year...


I liked the frame as is, but it was pretty beat up and I am over dark wood (we have it all over our house). So, I sanded it down, and spray painted it with a neutral color:

I went back and forth deciding whether to have sepia toned or color prints in the openings. I ended up meeting somewhere in the middle. In iPhoto, I changed them all to "antique" and went with color. The sepia tone just looked odd, and let's be real, I've got to showcase those baby blues. Right now, the frame is sitting on my dresser. I love looking at it and pausing. My little baby is becoming less of a baby every day. It's so nice to have a tangible reminder of that.


Oh, and those chairs? They're future before/ afters! :)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you're crafty and a DIY! I wish we could thrift and craft together. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the frame now. And Pottery Barn stuff at Goodwill?? Talk about a jackpot!

    Can't wait to see the after of those chairs. You do all the crafty stuff I wish I knew how to/and had time to do :)

    ReplyDelete