Monday, January 5, 2015

Tonight, I held each of my kids as they fell asleep. It's one of the things in my life I most savor and detest. I'm super bi-polar about it. I know one day they will go to sleep on their own, but they don't yet. None of them do. It gets especially tough on days like today, when I could actually hear the glass of wine downstairs calling my name.

My New Years resolution(s) is to stop yelling and to take more time for myself. Tonight, I had my cell phone in hand, the screen dimly lit, and I was scrolling through feminist blog postings, because Lindsey Gates-Markel sent me some links that I was EATING UP. And there's all this sleep research that's like, TURN THE SCREEN OFF, but also, TREAT YO' SELF, y'know? So, I read and kissed their little heads in between loving my reading life, and maybe it took them longer to fall asleep, but I wasn't stressing myself out either. So, there you go. Also, this Pinot Noir is tasting too good.


No comments:

Post a Comment