Thursday, December 4, 2014

Kickin' those baby blues.

I don't know if it's the twinkly lights, or all the cold induced cuddling I've been doing, but I have been feeling inspired lately. I've been getting things done (not a lot of things, but, you know, THINGS). I've been having great conversations with my friends, keeping it cool with my kids and while my hair is a mess, I've been getting dressed most days.

Being a mama to three babies is exhausting and wonderful; mostly exhausting. But slowly, I can feel myself getting my groove back.

It's been a pretty conscious fight though. Those baby blues are tough, kids. They eat at you and they make all of you want you to sit on the couch and cry tears and eat all the Halloween chocolate. And you do. Then, you feel all bad at yourself and then you're plagued with all the mama guilt, too. So, I've been fighting a little bit harder. I've been turning off the TV getting myself UP and OFF the couch. I've been getting on the floor with my kids and having dance parties (Taylor Swift is my spirit animal, and I AM NOT ASHAMED). I've been reading things that encourage me instead of make me sad. I've been nicer to my husband, more forgiving to my kids and less hard on myself. Also, coffee.

Things are looking up. They have to, because I am.

2 comments:

  1. A rise in optimism and positivity, while Winter approaches?! You ARE doing great! LOL! Love you!

    ReplyDelete