Monday, September 29, 2014

Hendrix is FIVE.

Dearest Hendo,

You wake up in the middle of the night with the worst growing pains. Your dad and I rush to give you doses of tylenol, cuddling you till you fall asleep. The next morning, I always marvel at how much taller you are, then tell you to please stop. You're always very matter of fact, "BUT MOM! I have to grow, because I'm growing to be just as big as Daddy! Don't worry, I'll still love you and cuddle you!" I've asked for that in writing, but you're still working on that for me. ;) 

october 2013

november 2013
december 2013
Dodes, you are the smartest kid I know. You have an insatiable love for all things dino, SCIENCE and super hero. You'll educate just about anyone. The other day a girl tried to tell you she didn't believe in dinosaurs, and you fell short of making her take out a pen to take notes. You correct your dad and me all the time, and rightfully so! How else would we be able to identify an allosaurus versus a plesiosaur? 

january 2014

february 2014

march 2014
As it has been since you were small, your favorite use of your time is creative play. There is nothing more fun than creeping outside of the room you're in and listening to the world you're creating and playing in. A lot of times, costumes are needed, or I have to search the entire house to turn up whatever toy you're missing for what you've got in your brain. Usually, you surprise me by remembering exactly where you left something. Except for LEGOs. Dude. Those are everywhere. 

april 2014
may 2014

 
june 2014

You got a little sister this year, and after seeing how helpful and sweet you are with her, I think every person should space out their babies by 5 years. You adore "Mags." You and Coe aren't playing side by side yet. You're mostly just beating each other and making your mama go crazy, but you love your brother too much. As long as he's not taking something you've got in your arms, you'd do just about anything to make him laugh.  


july 2014

 august 2014

september 2014

Hendrix, you tell the best stories. You have the funniest jokes. You have the most handsome face. You're the little human who first made me a mom, and I can't believe you are a FIVE YEAR OLD. Please stop growing. You get to take tylenol for your growing pains, but my heartbreak is only tempered by how absolutely wonderful you're becoming. Love you, buddy. 


For past birthday letters: 4 Years Old 3 Years Old2 Years Old1 Year Old. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment