Saturday, September 28, 2013

Hendrix, you're FOUR!

Dear Hendrix, 

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? You are four years old! FOUR WHOLE YEARS! As if I needed more reasons to be an emotional mess, you've gone and become KID. 

The past year has been amazing. Three was so good to all of us. You are smart and funny and wild and perfect. Every bit of you is so perfect.

This year has been my favorite because you started asking so many QUESTIONS. You are curious and smart, and just hearing the things you come up with is unreal. You'll come up to me and your dad randomly and just say things like, "Hey mom, hey. Can we talk about Bigfoot rea-yee quick?" "Can we talk about fire ants for a sec-nick?""I've got a pwan, can you tell me about ice?" And, I'm telling you what, kid. That is the coolest thing. Your dad and I can finally hear all the amazing things going around in that gorgeous brain of yours. 

You are the sweetest. Seriously. You have a way of saddling up next to me, your dad, or Roscoe and just making us feel loved. You still crawl up into my lap and let me cuddle you. Oh, I wish that would never end.

You are doing so great in preschool. You've made friends, you are doing great "work" and you have even taken a nap during nap time! All in all, it's heartbreaking for your mom and dad, because we're having to come to terms with the fact that you're growing up. It's the worst and the best at the same time. We're so proud of how easily you've made the transition, but we're also left feeling like, "What? You don't miss just being home?!"

You care so much, about everything. As you learn more things, you are making connections and having revelations, and it's wonderful. You have such a super hero heart. You want to right wrongs and save people who are in trouble, and I can't wait to see what you do with this little life of yours.

Here's to the past 4 years, Hendo. You've made them the best of my life.

xoxo, 
Your mama



september 2012


october 2012

november 2012

december 2012

january 2013

february 2013

march 2013 

april 2013

may 2013

june 2013

july 2013 

 august 2013

september 2013

For past birthday letters: 3 Years Old, 2 Years Old, 1 Year Old. :) 


















No comments:

Post a Comment