Tuesday, December 21, 2010

a productive day WITOUT FACEBOOK.

The past few days, I haven't logged onto facebook AT ALL. Let me make something clear, I seriously spend a TON of time on Facebook. It's embarrasing.

BUT I AM TAKING CONTROL OF MY FREE TIME. Today, I drove to Temple to pick up my friend's dog. We're watching her Little Izzy for the next few weeks. I will be spending a lot of time stopping Henry from RIPPING THE HAIR OFF OF HER HEAD.

When I got home, I set up our folding table and folded 6 LOADS OF LAUNDRY.


Then, I rocked my little man to sleep. He slept for 2.5 hours, and believe me, I WAS THANKFUL.
So, I rewarded myself with some much needed Mama Time. I read a few chapters of "Women and Money," drank a Diet Cherry Coke, and ate some chocolate cookies.


After Mama Time, I tackled something that has been on my to-do list for a LONG WHILE -- the linen closet:

SHAMEFUL. I unloaded everything onto the folding table and sorted it:

And voila:

& finally at the end of the night, we spent some quality time with Dad!

Then after playing with Daddy, I put little man down, and I am now sitting with my main man watching Friday Night Lights and BLOGGING.

All in all, good day. And you know what? I didn't miss Facebook at all. Okay, maybe a little.

2 comments:

  1. Very productive!! I need to cut back myself. Nate set up the LeechBlock for me a while ago, and I'm thinking of setting the restrictions from 6 min/hour to 3 or 4. :-) Your closet looks great! But I honestly don't think it looked too bad to begin with. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEECHBLOCK? What is that? Sounds like an idea for me, too!

    That is so sweet of you to say, but TRUST ME. All the baskets were just completely unorganized. I could never find ANYTHING. ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete