Sunday, December 26, 2010

merry christmas



Aside from a minor emotional breakdown when my corn casserole bubbled over and started a small oven fire, I kept it together this year. We had the whole Texas crew at our house (12 people) for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Honestly, it went fine, but I really think if we host again, I'll be only doing ONE or the other. It was a little much...

My family comes from Illinois today. They'll be here in 4 hours, and I AM STOKED. I'm still bustling around trying to get the house cleaned up from the last few days. Tis the season, eh?

So tell me, how did you keep it together this season? Did you entertain or travel? Any advice for a rookie like me? How does Martha do it without breaking down at the kitchen sink and demanding everyone go home? HOW DOES SHE DO IT?

2 comments:

  1. She doesn't. She has a team of hired manservants. She doesn't lift a finger.
    I'm glad you got to see your family!
    We don't do any hosting this time of year. We just show up to our parents' places on time. Sometimes we bring a dish to contribute to my mom's meal, which sounds so easy but I still manage to complain about it. I'm sure you did great. That's a lot of people! I would say, yes, next year definitely let someone else take one day instead of you doing both.
    Love Hen's texty jammies. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. I'm not hosting like this ever again. I'm doing NEW YEARS today, too! 15 people are going to be in my house! IT'S INSANE.

    NEVER, EVER AGAIN.

    I love his jammies, too. Eric and my favorite text is, "I LIVE WITH ELVES." Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete