Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I'm giving up Facebook for Lent, because I have to. Because when I prayed about it, I felt that part of myself rise up with a stubborn, "NOOOOOOOO! ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!!" And when you feel yourself hold that strongly onto something, it's time for you to be stronger than that.

Today is Ash Wednesday, and I have gone to my computer screen 10 times already just to wake it up. Usually, I wake it up because I am checking my Facebook. For what? I have no idea. So, each time I've done that this morning, I've given it to God. I have said a prayer for someone I know is hurting. I've turned myself around and picked up one of my kids and covered them in a million kisses and let myself well up with grateful recognition of my many blessings.


To some people, this may seem trite and pointless. To me, it is something that is good and right and needed. xo

Psalm 34:14 Turn your back on sin; do something good. Embrace peace - don't let it get away!

No comments:

Post a Comment