Tuesday, June 15, 2010

my first day as a sahm


We woke up yesterday morning around 8:30. Hendrix was all smiles and sounds, and I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. I changed and dressed Hen (for the first time), and took a shower while he played in his stroller.
After I got all clean and fabulous, he played in his pack and play while I made a shopping list, cleaned up and finished a load of laundry.

Then, we hopped in the car, ready for adventure!

When we arrived at Target? Henry was asleep. He woke up for his favorite store! :)

When we finished Targeting , Hendrix needed a full change (diaper and outfit). He probably wet himself with excitement. I know I did. After workin' our wetness out, we took a "first day at work" present to daddy, and went to lunch at Chipotle!


After lunch and tons of kisses, we went to the post office and sent off a Father's day gift to Paw-Paw. Hendrix helped me pack up the package, and all the people waiting in line fell in love with him-- DUH.

With our goods in the mail, we went back to the shopping center. Hendrix was fussy. So, I cranked the AC, put on some tunes and fed him in the backseat. We hung out there for a long time laughing and talking. Then, we went into Michael's to get some craft supplies! Hendrix loved the shopping cart.

After getting our crafting supplies, we came home, changed into something more comfortable, and played for about 30 minutes. Henry watched about 2 seconds of the Elmo movie I bought him. :) Mostly, he just laughed when Elmo did. It was pretty adorable.

When Henry started to fuss, I walked him for a few minutes, and he CONKED OUT. I set him down and got started on my craft project! He slept for 2 hours while I made and addressed "We Moved" letters for friends and family! You might think, no big deal, but for me? BIG DEAL. They turned out great, I thought!
Then, the fam came home and Hendrix helped me set the table!

All in all? BEST. DAY. OF. MY. LIFE.

5 comments:

  1. MORE please more!!! If there is an celebrities to obsess over it would be you two...farealz

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute day! i need a pack in play. i currently have nowhere to wrangle hendrix when im trying to get stuff done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee. I love you so much. I promise I will do this again and be even MORE SPAM-Y

    Adriana-- PACK. IN. PLAY FOREVER. I have been saving up for a one. Then, someone GAVE US THIS ONE. Seriously? I don't know how I lived without it!!! Also, I was SHOCKED because DAY ONE he could stand up in it. He was so happy! I would highly recommend getting one TODAY :) I can't wait to see pics of your lil' Hendrix in one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it's going well and you are enjoying yourself. I expect this level of documentation EVERY DAY. :-)

    ReplyDelete