Thursday, March 15, 2012

Roscoe Everett!


My little champ is already a week old! I can't believe that's possible. Roscoe is right now the joy of our life. He's absolute magic. I had no idea what to expect welcoming another member to this family, and I have to say, it's just right. He is meant for us, so perfect. He is our family.

His birth was intense. I'll be working on his birth story for a while, I'm sure. Things of note? I had my membranes swept at 10:30 in the morning on March 8th, and he was in my arms by 9:15 that night. It was back labor again. It was absolutely intense. My voice is still hoarse. I terrified most of the other people on the birthing floor. But? It was all natural, not even a tylenol. I died with love right away.


Hendrix loves his little brother. He does. Watching them meet was absolutely amazing.


It hasn't been easy. I can't tell you how much I wish I had 4 arms. Hendrix has been my EVERYTHING for the past 2 and a half years. There isn't a whimper that hasn't been answered immediately by me. And now, there's another whimperer in my house. As a matter of fact, he's kind of a screamer. He can't help it, really. That has been so hard to watch Hendrix deal with. As a matter of fact, I feel like I'm going through it with him. There has been a lot more melt-downs. He's become more aggressive. He's been fighting sleep like a ninja. It's everything you read about, you try to prepare yourself for, but there's nothing like experiencing it. Obviously, it has been breaking my heart. Last night, Eric walked Roscoe to sleep while I rocked Hendo, whispering a million love notes into his ears. He just kept kissing me and saying, "Yove you so much, mommy." I cried and cried after he fell asleep.

Think they look alike?

Obviously this is such a short season in our family. I'll blink and these boys will be fighting over the video game controller. But I so want to do right by the both of them. I want to love them both fully, to give them everything they need to feel whole and safe. For now, I have to remind myself that I'm doing all I can, and trust that all the love I've given and am giving Henry will help him to deal with this transition, and come out of it an even more confident and secure little 2 year old.


GAH. So, there's all that. I love my boys so much. There aren't words. We are so blessed.

Roscoe Everett
March 8th, 2012
7 pounds, 7 ounces
19 1/2 inches
perfect.

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!! What beautiful babes you make! so happy for you xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post brought tears to my eyes as I remembered these foggy days with my own little boys. We went through similar hardships with Simon... It is very hard. You are doing the best you can, so give yourself grace and realize that this is a normal and necessary period for any growing family. In a way this is the price little Henry has to pay for having a brother. And even though it's hard for him now, it will most definitely be worth it to him when he grows up with another awesome little boy to protect, love, fight with and for. You know all this better than anyone, Kelly, as I know you love your siblings with love as fierce as any. I'm sure you had this hard period as a toddler too, but you all got through, and now you have wonderful Booper as a reward. :) Hang in there, mama. Love you so much. Your family is beautiful. I think you are a superb mother, so sweet and loving and determined to give your boys the best. You are doing great. Gets lots of rest and savor this hard but magical time. I can't believe I'm about to have a 9 year old. It seriously goes so fast. You know that. Roscoe is PERFECT. And Henry is going to be okay. He sure loves that baby, the pictures say it all. xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Welcome Roscoe!

    ReplyDelete